Purpose, characteristics, and main performance parameters
- Butterfly check valve is suitable for pipelines with a working temperature of ≤ 80℃ and medium are water, which can prevent the pressure rise (water hammer) caused by the reverse flow of the medium and the closing of the reverse flow.
- Performance Spec Sheet
Principle and structure description of butterfly check valve
- Butterfly check valve is mainly composed of valve body, butterfly disc, valve stem, weight hammer, etc.
- Butterfly check valve connection flange execution standard:
Flange size; DIN2632, EN1092 etc.
Structure length: EN558-1 14 series (DIN F4)
Nominal pressure: PN10, PN16
- Working principle: when the medium in the pipeline is flowing forward, with the help of the pressure of the inlet medium, the butterfly plate automatically swings to allow the medium to pass through; when the inlet medium stops flowing in or flows backward, it depends on the weight of the butterfly plate and the moment of heavy hammer and the outlet. The action of the countercurrent of the medium makes the disc close. Since the closing of the disc is affected by the heavy hammer, the disc can be closed before the highest peak of the medium backflow, and the generation of water hammer can be suppressed.
- Main part material
Storage, Installation, Use, and Maintenance Instructions for Butterfly Check Valves
- The butterfly check valve should be stored in a dry warehouse, and dust-proof measures should be taken during storage. Moisture-proof, dust-proof, and sun-proof measures should be taken when storing in the open air.
- When stored for a long time, the butterfly plate should be opened at a small angle, so that the butterfly plate sealing ring will not be squeezed for a long time. The valve should be checked regularly, the surface dirt should be removed every six months, and the anti-rust oil should be replaced once every six months.
- Before installing the butterfly check valve, carefully check whether the usage is consistent with the performance of the valve, and clean the valve. Check whether the opening and closing of the butterfly plate are flexible, lift the heavy hammer with external force, and remove the external force after the butterfly plate is fully opened, and the butterfly plate should be closed smoothly and unobstructed. (At this time, the butterfly plate is not closed tightly, which is a normal phenomenon)
- The butterfly check valve should be installed on the horizontal pipeline with the valve shaft in the horizontal position and above, and pay attention to the flow direction of the medium.
- According to the needs of the on-site pipeline, the position of the heavy hammer can be adjusted. If the closing speed of the butterfly plate is accelerated, the heavy hammer can be moved to the outer end of the heavy hammer rod.
- The butterfly plate needs to be opened when the pipeline strength test is carried out.
- The opening and closing position of the butterfly plate can be determined by the angle of the lever. When the disc is fully closed, the lever is horizontal, and when the disc is fully opened, the angle between the lever and the horizontal is >70°.
- The wearing parts of the butterfly check valve are the butterfly plate sealing ring and the sealing packing (O-ring). Due to the easy aging of rubber parts, there are no spare parts when delivery. If necessary, please contact our company to purchase.
Possible faults and solutions of butterfly check valve