FCV is one of the best manufacturers and suppliers of large-diameter gate valves in China. Since its establishment in 1935, FCVAL has been a leading company in the production of low-pressure valves in China. Designed and produced the first large-diameter (DN3000) gas gate valve after the founding of the People’s Republic of China (1958), which filled the gap in domestic large-diameter gate valve production. The factory has passed the DNV ISO9001 certification for more than 15 years. It can manufacture and produce gate valves with DN3000mm diameter and PN2. 5-40, product design covers GB, ANSI, API, BS, DIN, and other standards. Our company can also provide gate valve customization, gate valve design, or customized production services for large-diameter gate valves according to your requirements. Welcome to contact us for more information or request a complete product catalog.
Contact our consultants for more available products.
Due to the customized productivity of large-diameter valves, we only show some samples.
Why choose FCV industrial valves & related products
Our engineers specialize in market challenges and needs and are committed to producing first-class valves for customers. The perfect combination of function, quality, and materials is the reason why we provide advanced solutions for customer brands. This includes intelligence protection, which is an important part of enhancing our capabilities.Learn about our technical team.
Producing quality valve is a team effort requiring the joint support of the line operators, cleaning and changeover crews, and manufacturing/packaging management. Our inspection technologies provide accurate data readings, and they are backed up by the sharp senses of our inspectors, allowing us to faithfully meet your specifications.
Our standards are highly demanding, FCV valves are engineered to meet most industry’s or key player’s requirements.
FCV gate valve supplier
Our factory in China occupies about 400,000 square feet meters. It has the most advanced manufacturing machinery and quality control equipment. With our abundant resources, FCV accepts bulk orders for large-diameter gate valves. We can produce up to 100 million yuan valve products a year without affecting their quality. Order through us, you will get the following benefits:
#1 Gate valve customization service
If you need help in providing the best valve custom design for wholesale gate valves, you can rely on FCV to help you. We can assure you that we will do our best to provide you with the best valve design.
The production cycle of customized valves is DN<350 7-15 days, DN>400 20-45 days. The above production cycle is for commonly used valves, the actual customized valve is subject to the final agreed data.
#2 Professional technical support
Our design support is completely free, and you will work with our design experts who will provide you with several design options for your business.
#3 Strong Customer Support
FCV is well-known for its strong customer support. We are always ready to assist our customers, whether they are still going to order or have already received their products. If you want to learn more about us, please reach out to us and we’ll be more than happy to answer your questions. If you need assistance with your order, we will be here for you!
About Gate Valve
What is a gate valve？
Gate valve refers to a valve whose closure (gate) moves in a straight direction along the centerline of the passage. The gate valve can only be used for fully open and fully closed blocking in the pipeline, and cannot be used for conditioning and saving. Gate valve is a kind of valve with a wide range of applications, usually DN50 blocking equipment is selected, and sometimes small diameter blocking equipment is also selected. The gate valve is used as a cut-off medium. When it is fully opened, the entire flow is straight, and the pressure loss of the medium is minimal at this moment. Gate valves are usually suitable for working conditions that do not need to be opened and closed frequently and that the gate is fully open or fully closed. It is not suitable for flow adjustment and emptying.
What is the structure of the gate valve?
From the layout, the primary difference is the way of sealing components selected. According to the way of sealing elements, gate valves are often divided into several different types, such as: wedge gate valve, parallel gate valve, parallel double gate valve, wedge double gate valve, etc. The most commonly used methods are wedge gate valves and parallel gate valves.
The gate has two sealing surfaces. The two sealing surfaces of the most commonly used wedge gate valve form a wedge. The wedge angle varies with valve parameters, usually 5 degrees. The gate of the wedge gate valve can be made into a whole, called a rigid gate; it can also be made into a gate that can be slightly deformed to improve its manufacturability and compensate for the error in the processing of the sealing surface. The plate is called an elastic gate.
What is the working principle of the gate valve?
When the gate valve is closed, the sealing surface can only rely on the medium pressure to seal, that is, rely on the medium pressure to press the sealing surface of the gate to the valve seat on the other side to ensure the sealing of the sealing surface, which is self-sealing. Most gate valves use forced sealing, that is, when the valve is closed, the gate must be strongly pressed against the seat by an external force to ensure the sealing performance of the sealing surface. The gate valve of the gate valve moves linearly with the valve stem, which is called the lifting stem gate valve (also called the rising stem gate valve). Usually, there is a trapezoidal thread on the lifting rod, passing through the nut on the top of the valve and the guide groove on the valve body, turning the rotary motion into linear motion, that is, turning the operating torque into operating thrust.
When the valve is opened, when the rising height of the gate is equal to 1:1 times the valve diameter, the fluid passage is completely cleared, but this position cannot be supervised during operation. In actual use, the pole of the valve stem is used as the mark, that is, the position where it can’t be opened, as its fully open position. In order to think about the temperature change and present the appearance of lock-up, it is usually opened to the extreme position, and then back 1/2~1 turn as the position of the fully open valve. Therefore, the fully open position of the valve is determined according to the position of the gate (that is, the stroke).
What are the advantages of gate valves?
- The fluid resistance is small, because the internal medium channel of the gate valve body is straight, and the medium does not change its moving direction when flowing through the gate valve, so the fluid resistance is small.
- The opening and closing torque are small, and the opening and closing are more labor-saving. Because the gate movement direction is straight with the medium movement direction when the gate valve is opened and closed, compared with the stop valve, the opening and closing of the gate valve are labor-saving.
- The movement direction of the medium is not restricted, and the medium can flow in arbitrary directions from both sides of the gate valve without disturbing the flow and without reducing the pressure and can reach the purpose of use. It is more suitable for pipelines where the direction of movement of the medium can be changed.
- The layout length is shorter because the gate of the gate valve is placed straight in the valve body, and the valve disc of the stop valve is placed horizontally in the valve body, so the layout length is shorter than that of the stop valve.
- The sealing performance is good and the sealing surface is less eroded when fully opened.
- When fully open, the sealing surface is less eroded by the operating medium than the stop valve.
- The shape is relatively simple, the casting process is good, and the applicable scale is wide.
What should be paid attention to when installing and maintaining gate valves?
- Handwheels, handles, and transmission organization cannot be used for lifting, and bumps are prohibited.
- The double gate valve should be a straight device (that is, the valve stem is in a straight position and the handwheel is on the top).
- The gate valve with a bypass valve should be opened before opening (to balance the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet and reduce the opening force).
- The gate valve with drive organization is installed according to the rules of the product manual.
- If you frequently switch and use the valve, switch it at least once a month.
The diameter of the gate valve is shortened:
If the diameter of the passage in a valve body is different (often the diameter of the valve seat is smaller than the diameter of the flange joint), it is called the diameter shortening. The shortening of the path diameter can reduce the size of the parts, and the force required for opening and closing is reduced correspondingly, which can expand the application scale of the parts. But after the diameter is shortened. The loss of fluid resistance increases. Under certain operating conditions in certain parts (such as oil pipelines in the petroleum part), valves with reduced diameters are not allowed. On the one hand, it is to reduce the resistance loss of the pipeline, and on the other hand, it is to prevent the mechanical cleaning of the pipeline from being hindered by the shortening of the diameter.